August 11, 2013
We who live beyond 200 statute miles from our southern border, don’t feel the impact on daily Texan life experienced by those who see the “border war” up close and personal.
The following video published Aug 10, 2013 vividly exposes stark reality for U.S. citizens in the border town of Hancock, Texas.
Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West describes the situation as a war. Mexican criminals put out a “contract” on the good sheriff. On January 3, 2006, war came to him in a fierce firefight with suspected drug runners who were using a Mexican military-issue Humvee and weapons.
President Barack Hussein Obama, the president-who-leads-from-behind, neglects his constitutional duty. Locals say the Border Patrol has abandoned them.
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence. — Article IV, Section 4
Hudspeth County residents do what they must do to defend themselves, their neighbors and YOU. I find, to my dismay, few Americans read and study our federal constitution. Still fewer Texans have ever even seen our state constitution. In our state constitution, Article 1 is our state ‘bill of rights’.
Sec. 23. RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime.
Yes, your president fails to do his constitutional duty. Fortunately for us, while Obama and his democrat minions hastily dismantle our federal republic, Texas republican government stands against tyranny and foreign invasion.
- Pray for those in authority – 1 Timothy 2:1-3
- “Every member of the State ought diligently to read and to study the constitution of his country. . . . By knowing their rights, they will sooner perceive when they are violated and be the better prepared to defend and assert them.” — John Jay, American statesman, Patriot, diplomat, a Founding Father of the United States, signer of the Treaty of Paris, and the first Chief Justice of the United States
- Learn good practices for the ownership, transport and use of firearms “in the lawful defense of himself or the State“.
- Join Second Amendment organizations like the NRA, TSRA, GOA & NAGR.
- Participate in local gun clubs. Here in Rockwall, CARGO (Citizens Association for Responsible Gun Ownership) meets every second Thursday of every month at Soulman’s Bar-B-Que in Rockwall, 6 to 7 PM. Send an email to CARGO.Rockwall@gmail.com to receive monthly emails.
- Vote Republican. No, there are no perfect candidates. However, Republican candidates, in the whole, are more apt to uphold the Constitution. Any vote for a Democrat, is a vote for big government tyranny and loss of freedoms.
“The saving grace here in America, versus Mexico, is Americans are allowed to arm themselves.” — Sheriff Arvin West, Hudspeth County Texas