November 28, 2013
Thankful for the Tree of Liberty and What it Represents
Way, way back when our Founding Fathers crafted our blessed Constitution, three UNEQUAL branches of government were created. In order of magnitude of authority: Legislative, Executive and Judicial. I know, I know, you wish to remind me what the Supreme Court has written on its official government website and I quote:
Yes, the Supreme Court was so “coequal” it wasn’t initially provided with its own building until 1935. Now, I must say, that’s a sure sign of its importance (said tongue-in-cheek).
Back on the matter of importance. Within in any human institution, whether a business, charitable organization or government functionary, by what means do we determine “pecking order”? In other words, how do you know who is the boss? It’s the person who can fire you. Right?
Allow me this brief review of Articles I, II and III. One notes that the Congress can fire a president, vice president or any federal justice. The process has two phases: the impeachment (indictment) by the House of Representatives and the trial and conviction by the Senate. Don’t believe me? Let’s review a few lines from the Constitution.
- Article I, Section 2, Paragraph 5: “The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.”
- Article I, Section 3, Paragraph 3: “The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.”
- Article III, Section 1: “…The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour …”
So, we dismiss the notion of “coequal” branches of government. The Legislature is the “boss” and We the People hold ultimate control over the Legislative branch through the power of the ballot.
That Unconstitutional Unelected Fourth Branch of Government
Let’s take note of what’s in the news.
- IRS Rule Change Aimed at Gagging Conservatives
- EPA Preparing to Unleash a Deluge of New Regulations
- NHTSA Plans to Record Your Every Movement and Every Detail While Driving Your Auto (one year ago, but who notices such things?)
Second on the list is a plan by the EPA to control all water that falls on or flows through your property. Think: “water in my ditch”.
We are headed once again for another budget showdown as the debt limit looms large, again. Our opportunity to trim, drastically trim, federal runaway spending AND restore Constitutional lawmaking is to defund and do away with rogue federal agencies.
Contact your congressional delegation. Tell them to defund and do away with rogue federal agencies like the EPA, Dept. of Education, Dept. of Energy, etc.
Senator John Cornyn contact information
517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Senator Ted Cruz contact information
185 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Congressman Ralph M. Hall contact information
2405 Rayburn H.O.B.
Washington, DC 20515-0001
Tel No: 202-225-6673
Speaker John Boehner contact information
H-232 The Capitol
Washington, DC 20515
Tel No: 202-225-0600