9 August 2014
“Ancient” Palestine, according to artifacts carbon dated, goes all the way back to 15 November 1988 AD. This compares to the modern state of Israel that was founded on 14 May 1948, forty years before establishment of the mythical state of Palestine.
You knew this to be true, but you haven’t had the rhetorical tools to answer contemporary critics of Israel. Here they are, questions you can ask supporters of the not-so-ancient territory of Palestine.
- When was it founded and by whom?
- What were its borders?
- What was its capital?
- What were its major cities?
- What constituted the basis of its economy?
- What was its form of government?
- Can you name at least one Palestinian leader before Arafat?
- Was Palestine ever recognized by a country whose existence, at that time or now, leaves no room for interpretation?
- What was the language of the country of Palestine ?
- What was the prevalent religion of the country of Palestine ?
- What was the name of its currency? Choose any date in history and tell what was the approximate exchange rate of the Palestinian monetary unit against the US dollar, German mark, GB pound, Japanese yen, or Chinese yuan on that date.
- And, finally, since there is no such country today, what caused its demise and when did it occur?
Source: “The Japanese have some questions for ‘Palestine Supporters’” http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2014/08/05/the-japanese-have-some-questions-for-palestine-supporters-and-oh-are-they-awesome/