23 November 2015 AD
Representative TX CD-4
325 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Subject: President Unlawfully Uses NASA As His Propaganda Ministry
I remember well when NASA was founded back in 1958. The nascent National Aeronautics and Space Administration put us into the race for space. My memory of President John Kennedy’s stated goal of landing a man on the moon within ten years is as fresh today as it was in 1961. 1969 marked two life-changing events for me: marriage to my lifemate and the landing of the Lunar Module on the moon, both events within thirty days of one another. Still later, through friendship with our former Congressman Ralph Hall, I was privileged to meet and speak with astronauts of that era, including Neil Armstrong. Later still, my aerospace employer, the Norden Company, manufactured components for NASA spacecraft.
There were eight clear objectives outlined in the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958.
- The expansion of human knowledge of phenomena in the atmosphere and space;
- The improvement of the usefulness, performance, speed, safety, and efficiency of aeronautical and space vehicles;
- The development and operation of vehicles capable of carrying instruments, equipment, supplies and living organisms through space;
- The establishment of long-range studies of the potential benefits to be gained from, the opportunities for, and the problems involved in the utilization of aeronautical and space activities for peaceful and scientific purposes.
- The preservation of the role of the United States as a leader in aeronautical and space science and technology and in the application thereof to the conduct of peaceful activities within and outside the atmosphere.
- The making available to agencies directly concerned with national defenses of discoveries that have military value or significance, and the furnishing by such agencies, to the civilian agency established to direct and control nonmilitary aeronautical and space activities, of information as to discoveries which have value or significance to that agency;
- Cooperation by the United States with other nations and groups of nations in work done pursuant to this Act and in the peaceful application of the results, thereof; and
- The most effective utilization of the scientific and engineering resources of the United States, with close cooperation among all interested agencies of the United States in order to avoid unnecessary duplication of effort, facilities, and equipment.
From my youth until 2009 NASA was known to be dedicated to the exploration of and dominance of outer space and resolution of aeronautical issues within earth’s atmosphere.
NASA’s mission was compromised in 2009 when Barack Obama became president. He appointed Charles Bolden, a retired United States Marines Corps major-general and former astronaut to head the agency. Said Bolden of his goals assigned to him by President Obama,
“One, he wanted me to help reinspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math, and engineering.” – Source: The Telegraph
One would assume this sitting president thought he should make Muslims around the world proud of their accomplishments, like all the modern inventions of Muslims that we find in use around the world today. I would list these “accomplishments”, but it seems no ready record of them exists.
This president now uses NASA to produce “climate change” propaganda based on very bad science. I give only one significant point of bad science: sea levels. NASA propaganda touts rising sea levels. You perhaps heard Obama decrying rising sea levels in Norfolk, VA. What is the status of sea levels? First of all, the Atlantic Ocean isn’t rising in Norfolk. Norfolk is sinking; a matter of land subsidence. Second, good science, data actually acquired by NASA indicates global sea level is falling.
“The good news is that Antarctica is not currently contributing to sea level rise, but is taking 0.23 millimeters per year away.” – NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses, October 30,2015
Thankfully, data collected by NASA disproves the president’s climate-change theory. Unfortunately, the truth isn’t a goal of President Obama; control of the American people is his objective. Political propaganda is the tool by which he undermines our energy and industrial enterprises.
Therefore, I request that you work with your colleagues to restore the original mission of NASA. Future NASA budgets should prohibit the use of this federal agency as a political tool.
Thank you for your consideration of my proposal.