When the Democrat-majority House and Democrat-majority Senate passed the Affordable Care Act, the vote was split along party lines. NOT ONE REPUBLICAN VOTED FOR IT. Democrats own 100% of the catastrophe known as ObamaCare.
On May 4, 2017, the bill to repeal ObamaCare was passed by a Republican-majority House and sent to a Republican-majority Senate. Again, the vote was along party lines with the exception of 30 not-so-Republican Representatives siding with Democrats.
Naturally, the Democrats and the liberal media declare this will spell the end for Republican lawmakers in the midterm elections. Really? I disagree.
One of the chief reasons we the people elected businessman Donald Trump President was his promise to repeal and replace ObamaCare, the largest tax hike in history.
What are the facts? Simply stated: it’s a one-trillion-dollar tax cut for we American taxpayers. Let’s look at what taxes the House bill cuts. Source: Americans For Tax Reform
- Abolishes the Obamacare Individual Mandate Tax which hits 8 million Americans each year.
- Abolishes the Obamacare Employer Mandate Tax. Together with the repeal of the Individual Mandate Tax repeal, this is a $270 billion tax cut.
- Abolishes Obamacare’s Medicine Cabinet Tax which hits 20 million Americans with Health Savings Accounts and 30 million Americans with Flexible Spending Accounts. This is a $6 billion tax cut.
- Abolishes Obamacare’s Flexible Spending Account tax on 30 million Americans. This is a $20 billion tax cut.
- Abolishes Obamacare’s Chronic Care Tax on 10 million Americans with high out of pocket medical expenses. This is a $126 billion tax cut.
- Abolishes Obamacare’s HSA withdrawal tax. This is a $100 million tax cut.
- Abolishes Obamacare’s 10% excise tax on small businesses with indoor tanning services. This is a $600 million tax cut.
- Abolishes the Obamacare health insurance tax. This is a $145 billion tax cut.
- Abolishes the Obamacare 3.8% surtax on investment income. This is a $172 billion tax cut.
- Abolishes the Obamacare medical device tax. This is a $20 billion tax cut.
- Abolishes the Obamacare tax on prescription medicine. This is a $28 billion tax cut.
- Abolishes the Obamacare tax on retiree prescription drug coverage. This is a $2 billion tax cut.
Democrats falsely claim this bill will lead to the deaths of millions of Americans due to no expansion of Medicaid. What are the facts on this point?
All across America doctors refuse to accept ObamaCare patients. I refer you to a liberal news media story in the NY Times, May 14, 2016: Sorry, We Don’t Take Obamacare
As president, Barack Obama made promises he did not keep. But, as president, Donald Trump keeps his promises.
Encourage your two U.S. Senators to keep the faith and keep the promises made to the American people.
John Cornyn contact information: https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/contact
Ted Cruz contact information: https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=form&id=16
Other U.S. Senators
To Learn Who Represents You, open this link UNITED STATES SENATE and use the drop-down box at the top of the page where you can click on your state.
An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, a power to destroy. – Daniel Webster