For the record, businessman Donald Trump was duly elected to the office of President of the United States of America. Even before taking the oath of office on January 20, 2017, enemies in the form of fake news, Democrat skulduggery, and establishment Republican push back seem to labor in concert to defeat the agenda of President Trump. The most insidious enemy of this president is the establishment political machines of both parties.
Yesterday evening, August 3, 2017, a double rainbow appeared over the White House following a storm.
Barack Obama bathed the White House with a fake rainbow to celebrate his promotion of homosexuality. But God did not create the rainbow to celebrate evil.
After Noah’s ark came to rest on the solid ground and Noah’s family were safe from the great flood, God made a covenant with Noah, his family, and all his descendants. We pick up the post-flood story in Genesis chapter 9, verses 12 through 17 [NLT].
Then God said, “I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.” Then God said to Noah, “Yes, this rainbow is the sign of the covenant I am confirming with all the creatures on earth.”
The political storm isn’t over and God’s promises are sure. Evil forces have been chipping away at the very foundations of the Republic from the beginning of our existence as a nation. We are in a spiritual war that culminates before our eyes. Has this war on freedom hit its zenith? By no means.
Now the good news: President Trump is keeping his promises to the American people.
What can we do? By ‘we’, I mean God-fearing, Bible-believing Christians.
- Let’s not forget God is on his throne and prayer changes things
- Know that the rainbow is not Satan’s banner of triumph, it is God’s way of reminding us of his unbreakable covenant with us.
- Pray fervently for God to pour out his spirit on America to awaken and encourage the people of God to engage the enemy in spiritual warfare.
- Put on your spiritual armor of God | Ephesians 6:11
- Pray for all in authority from local governments to the White House, Supreme Court, and Congress. | 1 Timothy 2:2
- Submit to the leadership of the Holy Spirit. | Romans 8:14
- Expect great outcomes from our unified prayers. | Jeremiah 33:3
- Instead of cursing political opponents, pray for them. It was this solemn action that delivered Job out of his dilemma. | Job 42:10
If you are not a God-fearing, Bible-believing Christian, you can become one. In an instant of time. Follow these steps.
- Confess your sins. | Romans 3:23
- Accept this truth: God sent his Son Jesus Christ to die for your sins to atone for them. | Romans 5:8
- Call on the Name of Jesus Christ to save you from your sins. Believe in your heart that God forgives you and confess Jesus as your Lord and Savior.| Romans 10:9-10