I confess. I am a Bible-believing, gun-toting, liberty-loving American, an unashamed conservative, an Israel-supporting Christian, and a former Democrat. I read and study our founding documents and revel in our nation’s history.
Wikipedia, Antifa, and the extreme left wing of the Democratic Party label me a fascist because of my conservative Christian worldview.
What is fascism?
The term fascism derives from the Italian word fascio, bundle. There is no clear definition of fascism or fascist, definitions range from the Catholic Church to socialists, communists, and nationalists. Reference: George Orwell’s 1944 essay titled What Is Fascism?
Disclaimer: No, by no means do I believe the Catholic Church is a fascist organization.
Fascism always involves dividing people into tightly controlled groups intolerant of opposing points of view. Limitation on speech – political correctness – is the chief tool of the fascists. Viewing the graphic below, the sticks in the bundle represent you and me, we the people. The lexicon of political correctness is the means by which we are constrained within controllable groups.
Surveys indicate 9 of 10 universities have so-called free-speech zones which are usually located in out of the way places. Only in those designated zones can students, without restrictions, express their sentiments on various matters.
How do free-speech zones square with the Bill of Rights? They don’t. Consider the text of the First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Founding Father Benjamin Franklin on the freedom of speech, “Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government: When this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved.”
First President George Washington stated, “If men are to be precluded from offering their sentiments on a matter, which may involve the most serious and alarming consequences that can invite the consideration of mankind, reason is of no use to us; the freedom of speech may be taken away, and dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the slaughter. “
Aside from the myriad definitions of fascism, the one defining characteristic is the imposition of limits on free speech, freedom of thought and expression.
The leftist group Antifa ostensibly opposes fascism but is a prime example of it. The left-wing fascists of the Democratic Party label all who oppose them as fascists. Such action is known as a false flag.
The Urban Dictionary defines a false flag as “Something disguised to seem affiliated with a group OTHER THAN the one it really is affiliated with. ” Prime examples are Wikipedia, Antifa, and the extreme left wing of the Democratic Party.
How does one deal with the false slander of fascism? Ignore all such claims. You cannot reason with closed minded people. Here are three ways to respond when slandered.
- Commit your reputation to the Lord
- A troublemaker plants seeds of strife; gossip separates the best of friends. | Proverbs 16:28
- God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. | Matthew 5:11
- Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. | Luke 6:28
- Gently confront the slanderer (not by email or social media) | A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare. | Proverbs 15:1
- Preach the Gospel to yourself | God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way. | Matthew 5:11-12