Because you are a Republican, you are an independent thinker. This guide does not select candidates and propositions for you. That’s your responsibility. It’s also your responsibility to prepare your choices BEFORE you show up at your polling place.
The above ballot is for Rockwall County Precinct 2. Use the following links for Precincts 1, 3, and 4.
- Precinct 1 sample ballot download link
- Precinct 3 sample ballot download link
- Precinct 4 sample ballot download link
You are permitted to have with you your own voter guide in the polling place.
Mark your ballot ahead of time and remember to spare yourself embarrassment.
Husbands and wives are not permitted to talk with one another while voting.
Therefore, talk with one another at home before checking in at the polling place. Mark Up your sample ballot choices.
Which candidates are good choices? In general, they are all good choices because they are Republicans. This is especially true of the local races.
The candidates probably unfamiliar are:
- US Senator
- Railroad Commissioner
- Judge, Court of Criminal Appeals, Place 3
- Of great importance are the four candidates vying for Judge, Rockwall County Court at Law 2.
- Ten propositions – The titles generally describe these common sense propositions, but if you are uncertain, by all means do your research BEFORE walking into the polling place. Mark your sample ballot.
Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual – or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.Samuel Adams April 16, 1781