As Margaret Thatcher wisely noted about the end of socialism, “The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people’s money.”
“The South American nation of Venezuela is about to erupt.
“Thousands of citizens are fed up and are now taking to the streets to express their anger and frustration towards President Nicolas Maduro, a man that has forced a sizable portion of the population to go to bed hungry and live without the necessary medications they need to stay alive.
“And according to the Economist, that’s not all, inflation is estimated to exceed 1,600% this year, a situation that will make it even more difficult for the average person to purchase food when it’s available.” CBN News, 12 April 2017 http://tinyurl.com/mxdl94a
“To say life is hard in Venezuela is an understatement. The socialist regime has continued to fail their people in every way imaginable. Thousands of natives are forced to stand in lines for necessities like food and medicine. In January the first infant death from starvation in Venezuela this year was reported. Citizens have had to take measures including the consumption of dogs, cats, and exotic animals in an extreme attempt to survive.” – Natural News, 14 February 2017 http://tinyurl.com/l3d4e4k
Most of South America is struggling economically, nutritionally, and spiritually. The empty promises of socialism remind us that socialism shall forever remain an unproven economic theory.
My Cuban friends endured a similar fate after the Soviet Union withdrew its support from that island bastion of socialism.
I invite your prayers of intercession for the desperate people of Venezuela. Their chief need is a nationwide spiritual revival. Between now and such time there comes a spiritual revival, ask the Lord to deliver the people from the ham-fisted tyranny of a socialist government led by a belligerent former bus driver.
I understand the president’s dismay at seeing death and destruction in Syria. Yes, photos of dead children and brutalized families break my heart, too.
Jus Ad Bellum (the right to war)
Just cause is the most important condition of Jus Ad Bellum. In this case, at what time and in what place did the Syrian government attack the United States of America or an ally with whom we have a mutual defense treaty?
The most common outcome for the aggressor country is “he who fires the first shot loses”. I point to these examples
- The Civil War – the South fired the first shot at Fort Sumpter
- WW1 – We usually attribute the genesis of this war to Germany, but it was actually a series of aggressive, unjust wars that included Austria’s attack on Serbia, and Germany’s aggression against France, Belgium, Russia, Luxembourg, England, Norway, Sweden, and finally the United States. Germany and Austria lost.
- WW2 – Ditto Germany and Germany lost in even greater measure than after WW1.
- Afghanistan – Russian aggression against Afghanistan was met by al Qaeda that the USA funded and armed. Russia lost first. The final outcome, though not apparent now, will be a huge loss by the USA. Look to 911 and subsequent radical Islamist attacks against us.
- Iraq 1.0 – We handily won the first round when President George H. W. Bush ordered troops to defend Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, our strategic allies. (Oil was of vital importance to us at the time.) Saddam Hussein started it; we finished it. We won, the lost.
- Iraq 2.0 – President Bush 43, at the behest of war hawks, set out to depose Saddam Hussein and ‘liberate’ the Iraqi people. Whereas Christians and Jews were able to live and thrive in Iraq, today they are either dead or they fled the country. Did we win? We fired first and we lost. Big time.
- Libya – Obama unlawfully attacked the Libyan government, deposed its ruler, and now radical Islamists control the country. Perhaps you have forgotten the Benghazi scandal. We fired first and we lost.
- Syria – We fired first and you can already predict the outcome.
I wholly agree with Senator Rand Paul: Trump needs Congress to authorize military action in Syria
Article I, Section 8, enumerated powers of Congress number 10: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water.
It’s impossible to fire upon and bomb a city without causing ‘collateral damage’, meaning the deaths and dismemberments of innocent civilians.
I pray for the president to be surrounded by wise, Godly counselors. Now I purpose to pray even more ardently for him to give heed to those wise and Godly counselors.
General Jeff Sessions
Attorney General to the United States of America
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001
As reported by Business Insider, March 23, 2017, the NCAA threatened to “remove from consideration all bids to host championship events in North Carolina if the law isn’t repealed by mid-April, when event sites are selected.”
- The NCAA headquarters is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The state threatened is North Carolina
- Any and all business conducted by the NCAA in North Carolina is interstate commerce
- The threat to deny business to the people of North Carolina is a violation of the Interstate Commerce Clause, Article I, Section 8, clause 3.
- The threat violates 18 U.S. Code § 1951
The NCAA, by virtue of its threat to withhold business from the state of North Carolina, violates the law.
Under threat of withholding commerce with the state of North Carolina, that state’s legislature will repeal a law (HB2) that was passed to protect vulnerable women and children from sexual predators who in the guise of or pretense of being ‘transgender’ enter places intended to preserve the privacy of women and children.
What will you do, General Sessions? Will there be an investigation of this apparent violation of federal law?
Contact Information to send inquiries and/or complaints to the office of the U.S. Attorney General
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001
Honorable John Ratcliffe
U.S. Representative, Texas CD-4
6531 Horizon Road
Rockwall, TX 75032
We who opposed the House bill do not “side with Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi” – we side with like-minded fellow Americans who demand a full repeal of ObamaCare. The quotation comes from your FB posting: http://bit.ly/2mBX0y9
The Mexican rulers are up in arms as President Trump demands an even playing field with imports and exports.
Corn actually originated in Mexico as a wild plant. As with all cultivated grains, today’s corn grown in America doesn’t resemble the original species native to Mexico.
Corn is a Mexican staple. In fact, corn is a global staple.
Back to the boycott issue, why does Mexico buy 23% of our annual corn crop? Why do you shop at Walmart? No nation produces corn of the quality and in the quantity of the United States of America. Mexicans buy our corn instead of domestic Mexican corn because it’s cheaper and it’s better. This is not rocket science.
Was NAFTA a good idea? How well I remember billionaire entrepreneur Ross Perot say in opposition to the trade deal: he could hear a “giant sucking sound” down south of the border. Consider the before and after effect on trade with Mexico up through 2015.
In the headlines today, Mexico threatens to ditch US corn imports.
Mexican officials huff and puff and threaten to buy their corn from South America. Well, go right ahead. Adelante señores. The problem is simply this: There isn’t enough South American corn to satisfy the needs of Mexican ranchers and consumers. Did I not say no country produces corn of a higher quality and lower price than U.S. farmers?
As Lance Wallnau aptly describes President Donald Trump, he is indeed the human wrecking ball and we need to shake up corrupt and bloated U.S. government and global trade to restore the greatness of America.
We must pay down the 20-trillion-dollar debt and we can’t do this while buying on credit.
Will there be some short-term pain? Count on it. Will there be long-term benefits to the U.S. worker? Expect it.
- Hawaii Attorney General Doug Chin filed the suit on March 8, 2017
- Barack Obama arrived in Hawaii 48 hours before the lawsuit
- Federal judge issues opinion on March 15, 2017
- Ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Derrick Watson is 43 pages in length – Read full text here ORDER GRANTING MOTION FOR TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER 3-15-2017 CV17-50 219 doc
- Barack Obama-Derrick Watson nexus: Both Barack Obama and US District Court Judge Derrick Watson in Hawaii were classmates at Harvard Law School. Both graduated in 1991. Harvard Law graduates between 500-600 students each year.
The Big Question of the Hour: Is President Trump anti-Muslim?
The ACLU for which the political director is a Muslim activist falsely claims President Trump violates Muslims First Amendment right to Freedom of Religion? The Obama-appointed judge agrees? But, the Saudi kingdom disagrees and you don’t get more Muslim than the country where Islam was founded.
What I want President Trump to know:
- The three branches of federal government are not co-equal. There is a hierarchy of authority that was set in place by the Founding Fathers and this hierarchy self-identifies in the first three articles of the Constitution: Most powerful is the Legislative branch (Article I), second most powerful is the Executive branch (Article II), and least and last of all the Judicial branch (Article III). Read Dispelling the Myth of Co-Equal Branches of Government
- A judge’s ruling is not law. It’s an opinion. Period. Paragraph second of Article VI of the U.S. Constitution makes this so clear even a child can understand what constitutes the Supreme Law of the Land.
- Laws crafted by the Legislative branch and Treaties ratified by the Senate are the Supreme Law of the Land.
- Judges are constitutionally bound by the law, not their personal agendas, not their personal opinions, not by political debts to the president who appointed them.
- President Trump is acting well within the law: 1952 Immigration and Nationality Act, a.k.a. the McCarran-Walter Act (An act to revise the laws relating to immigration, naturalization, and nationality; and for other purposes)
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
Read the law yourself: 1952 Immigration and Nationality Act, a.k.a. the McCarran-Walter Act
I call on U.S. Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz to demand a congressional investigation of probable criminal acts perpetrated by former president Barack Obama acting through his well-funded subversive organization called Organizing For Action.